Physical Therapy: What is it for?
ü Improve Function: (young and old) stronger, faster, improve balance, flexibility, independence, correct altered/ inefficient/ dysfunctional movement patterns
ü Control Pain: chronic and acute
ü Promote Healing: recover from chronic or acute injury, post-surgical rehabilitation
Ø 20 years experience in multiple settings and disciplines (ortho, neuro, rehab, sports injuries, geriatric)
Ø Physical Therapist with a specialty certification: OCS (orthopaedic certified specialist) by the APTA/ ABPTS (American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties)
Common Indications for PT:
1. Pain with movement/ activities.
3. Difficulty or pain with activities of daily living: walking, stair-climbing, reaching, lifting, work tasks, mobility, etc.
4. Injury or condition that is worsening/not improving over time.
5. Decreased balance.
Common conditions we treat:
· Back pain.
· Neck pain.
· Radiculopathies (numbness, tingling, or pain in an arm or leg).
· Shoulder pain.
· Rotator cuff.
· Elbow pain.
· Carpal Tunnel syndrome.
· Hip pain.
· Plantar fasciitis.
· Strains and sprains.
· Decreased balance/ gait abnormalities.
· General weakness.
v Therapeutic exercise
v Manual Therapy (mobilization/ manipulation)
v Electrical stimulation
v Cervical traction
v Gait training
v Neuromuscular re-education
v Ergonomic training